Overnight oats became a favourite of mine and a staple in our home about a year ago. They are so easy. Just throw a few ingredients in a bowl, give them a little mix, cover it and put it in the fridge until the morning. All you need to do after that is add some fruit or your preferred extras, and you have a delicious and healthy breakfast.
Since we love eating seasonally and reaping all the delicious flavours, we’ve been mixing up our overnight oat bowls with whatever is local. After making these incredibly delicious peaches and cream vegan overnight oats, I decided it would be wrong to not share with you all. Seriously wrong. They are that good. And easy. And perfect for the whole family.
We all sat in silence devouring the goodness that are peaches ‘n’ cream oats before finally talking to each other. Even the one-year-old, who grumbled and demanded more the second she was done swallowing. We have a winner!
- 1 - 15oz - can of coconut milk (full fat or light both work)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (almond or coconut work well)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe peaches, diced (save a few slices for topping if desired)
- Grab a bowl or large container with lid and all the can of coconut milk, non-dairy milk, oats, chia seeds, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge. This works best if you can keep it there overnight, but even a few hours would be fine. The mixture should thicken together and the oats should be soft.
- When you're ready to eat the overnight oats, add the diced peaches and any additional toppings such as nuts or seeds, and mix well to combine. Serve in bowls and top with sliced peaches.
Leave a Reply