Strawberry season has begun, friends! For us, local strawberries signal the beginning of summer and local produce. There’s nothing like biting into a fresh, juicy, still-warm-from-the-bush strawberry.
Unless, of course, you have a mouthwatering vegan strawberry milkshake. That might be better.
I was so pumped to pick up my first flat of strawberries that we celebrated right away by making vegan strawberry milkshakes. And I will tell you, they were AH-mazing. The smell alone was intoxicating, but the taste? Even better. I’m going to go ahead and call it in the best vegan strawberry milkshake ever. I know, that’s bold.
For all you dairy lovers, don’t fret. It’s just as delicious as a traditional milkshake, if not tastier. After blending up a few simple ingredients for the milkshake, I topped them with Gay Lea Real Coconut Whipped Cream. I do enjoy making my own whipped cream from coconut milk, but Gay Lea real coconut whipped cream is so delicious and just so easy. It’s made with real coconut cream, so it’s dairy-free, lactose-free and gluten-free, and it makes the best topping for sweets. We especially love it on our raw chocolate monkey pie, milkshakes, and hot chocolate.
Okay, back to the best vegan strawberry milkshake ever. Do yourself a favour and make this. It’s best with sweet, local berries, of course, but any will do.
If you’re looking for more vegan milkshake ideas, check out these 10 delicious and decadent vegan milkshakes. Drool. Worthy.
- 2 cups strawberries, tops off
- 2 cups non-dairy ice cream of your choice (I used coconut)
- 1 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of your choice (almond and coconut are my choices)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Real Coconut Whipped Cream
- Wash strawberries and take the tops off.
- Put about half of the strawberries in the freezer for an hour or two beforehand, or overnight.*
- Place all ingredients, including frozen berries, in a blender and blend on high until everything is mixed up together and it resembles a milkshake.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses and top with Gay Lea's real coconut whipped cream.
- Drink up
- *Freezing the strawberries is optional, but it makes the milkshake extra thick.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”
[…] Strawberry Milkshake. Made with all healthy vegan ingredients, this one is a go-to in our home. Top it with coconut whipped cream for bonus points. Oh, healthy enough for breakfast too. Woot, woot. […]