I’m excited to have Menucha from Moms and Crafters sharing her favourite 12 recycled crafts to make. These all utilize items from the home that you might otherwise throw out or recycle, and they are all so unique. Check out her blog for more tutorials on wonderful crafts and other fun ideas for the home and kids.
One of my favorite ways to take care of the environment is to upcycle instead of (or before) recycling. These 12 adorable recycled crafts are all perfect for that!
While trying to live frugally, and to craft at the same time, I discovered the wonders of upcycling “junk”. I dug into my recycling bin, and discovered a whole new host of craft supplies.
Today, I have a huge box in my craft room where I stash jars, containers, corks, and more items that I’m sure will make the perfect craft. You can call me a hoarder if you’d like, but so far I have a great track record with actually using them! And of COURSE the box that they’re stored in is upcycled too!
Read on for some of my favorite trash-to-treasure crafts.
12 Fun & Easy Recycled Crafts
Head on over to each craft for the full tutorial. Once you’re there, feel free to leave a comment to let the blogger who created it know how much you love it!
1. Make this Summer Solstice lantern to celebrate the time you’ll now be spending outdoors!
2. Use old magazines to decorate this mirror frame by Moms & Crafters:
3. What better way to care for the earth than to make Earth magnets from jar caps?
4. Mini lid banjos by The Craft Train are another great way to use jar lids.
5. Got orphaned gloves? Make these adorable glove monsters by Mum in the Madhouse!
6. Got lots of baby food jar? Make this amazing spice rack!
7. Everyone uses toilet paper – use the tube to make this toilet paper roll train by Kids Activities Blog.
8. From trash to treasure! Make a fun toy with these DIY Rain Sticks by Danya Banya.
9. Here’s another great magnet craft from Moms & Crafters, this one using old corks
10. You can organize your home AND save the earth with this magnetic paper bin by Soho Sonnet.
11. This holder for charging you cell phone by Make It & Love It is simply genius, and so functional too!
12. Declutter by backing up your CDs and then upcycle them with DIY Doodle Discs
Recycled crafts are easy and fun to make. They are frugal and better for our environment, making it a win-win situation. Ideas range from functional to fun, and work for both kids and adults.
Which recycled crafts do YOU like to make? Comment below!
Menucha is a Jersey girl living in big New York with her husband and little boy. She is currently fulfilling her dream to be a stay at home mom. She loves crafting, the color purple, and chocolate. Menucha blogs at momsandcrafters.com in between making jewelry and working as a freelance graphic designer.