In anticipation of Earth Day, I decided to do a big round-up of healthy, green smoothies. We are big smoothie lovers in this house and green smoothies are the perfect way to get essential nutrients and vitamins into everyone, especially kids. K has been drinking smoothies with kale, spinach and other good greens as soon as he could master his straw cup. Smoothies are also perfect for times of illness as they’re a great, easy way for anyone to get healthy stuff into them and are sometimes all you can handle when solid food isn’t really an option. Here is my green smoothie round-up of some of our favourites online.
- Tropical Smoothie – This is our favourite tropical green smoothie recipe. It has tons of good stuff in it, but the sweetness of the mango, pineapple and banana completely cover up any “green” taste, making it a hit with kids as well.
- How to Make the Best Tasting Green Smoothie – Rhythms of Play has some awesome info on how to mix and balance ingredients to create the best tasting green smoothie.
- Protein Packed Smoothie – This green protein smoothie from Mind Body Green is very similar to the date almond smoothie we make, except for the addition of spinach. Look how green and delicious it is!
- Kale Smoothie for Kids – This simple, low-key smoothie from In Sonnet’s Kitchen is specifically for kids and only has a few ingredients, making it easy to whip up in no time.
- Kale Smoothie for Ladies – Another great one from In Sonnet’s Kitchen, this kale smoothie would be good for anyone but is specifically geared toward regulating hormones with the addition of maca powder. Yum.
- Green Protein Smoothie – I’m a big Kris Carr fan and this smoothie is delicious and packed full of greens and protein. It’s a big winner in this household!
- Citrus Avocado Dreamboat – I just love Healthy, Happy Life’s recipes and this one is no exception. It’d be a perfect morning smoothie because of the citrus, but I’d also make this any time of the day.
- Energizing Peach Green Tea Smoothie – This delicious-looking smoothie from Keepin’ It Kind combines all sorts of great ingredients like mango, leafy greens, hemp hearts and matcha powder. It’s a go-to on my list for a healthy pick-me-up.
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie – This is my favourite, easy matcha green tea smoothie. We’ve perfected the recipe over time and it’s delicious and a great energizing boost especially come mid-afternoon.
- Happy Digestion Smoothie – Oh She Glows has an awesome recipe for a smoothie packed full of goodness like pineapple, banana, coconut water and avocado that is not only green but also works wonders for digestive issues.
- Green Grapefruit Smoothie – A perfect morning boost, this one from In My Bowl has grapefruit, banana, avocado, greens and ginger, making it a great morning smoothie as well as a good one to eat if you’re feeling a cold coming on.
Robyn Petrik says
These all sound delicious. I’m always looking for new green smoothie combos, so this is perfect!
This is a great round up! We love green smoothies — we’ll be trying some of these!
Karen Patten says
I’ve been hearing about Matcha Green Tea smoothies. I can’t wait to try this one!
They’re one of my favourite, and a great energy boost. I hope you enjoy it.