With Christmas just 6 (yes, six!) weeks away, many people are beginning to think about presents. This year, we have both a baby and a preschooler. We like to focus on family time, the food and the magic of the holiday (like fun DIY advent calendars), but of course, K is also so excited about what will await him under the tree in the morning. Like I mentioned in my eco-friendly baby toys round-up, toy shopping can be daunting, to say the least. This year, I’m so excited to be taking part in KC Edventures Gift Guides & Holiday Ideas for kids, which features over 75 different gift guides! I’ve rounded up our favourite eco-friendly toys for preschoolers, which would be good for both little boys and girls. If you’re trying to aim for more natural and eco-friendly toys, this is an awesome selection of great toys for every price range. I’ve included a lot from our favourite reliable eco-friendly toy companies, as they are the easiest ones to find both in stores and online, but I’ve also added some from a few of my favourite sites or shops. There’s a mix of building toys, crafting toys, simple and open-ended toys and just plain old fun eco-friendly toys for preschoolers. They’re also organized by dollar amount. Enjoy!
$10+ Eco-Friendly Toys for Preschoolers
- Plan Toys Fairytale Blocks or Fantasy Blocks – I love the look of these fun fairytale and fantasy building blocks, which are awesome for using the imagination. Plan Toys makes some amazing toys, all out of sustainable rubber wood, and they use non-toxic, plant-based dyes. They are one of our favourite green toy companies.
- Hape Doctor On Call Kit – Hape is another one of our favourite eco-friendly toy companies, making some amazing toys out of sustainable wood and using all toxic-free dyes and finishes. The toys are also great quality.
- Green Toys Tea Set – Green Toys are all made out of recycled plastic and they also make some great bath toys. This is a great tea set that is also nice and lightweight and could even be used outside in the sandbox.
- Green Toys Tractor Vehicle or Recycling Truck – These trucks would make any little vehicle lover, girl or boy, very happy.
- B.Toys Magnetic Alphabetic – K really enjoys playing with this wooden learning alphabet game. He matches up the letters on the board and it’s really helping him learn his numbers. We love B.Toys eco-friendly toys and this is the perfect eco-friendly preschooler toy that also encourages learning. It’s a great price, too. *Don’t forget to check out the giveaway, where you can enter to win one of your own magnetic alphabetic puzzles!
- Plan Toys Preschool Beehive Game – This is a fun and simple game that will help little ones develop fine motor skills.
- Haba The Little Orchard Game – This fun and unique game for preschoolers will help them learn memory and cooperation skills, and it’s from one of my favourite eco-friendly toy companies.
- Play Silks – Have you heard of play silks before? They are an amazing toy that can be used for just about anything. You can buy smaller ones or, if you’re looking for something larger that can also be used as a canopy, this one is gorgeous.
- B.Toys AB3’s Wooden Stand – Another good wooden toy from B.Toys, this one is a really fun learning toy.
$25+ Eco-Friendly Toys for Preschoolers
- Felt Woodlands Animals and Acorns House – I love pretty much everything from Magic Cabin, and this adorable felted house is no exception. Think about the hours of imaginative play this will provide your preschooler.
- Plan Toys Musical Set – This fun set comes with a melody xylophone; cymbal and guiro. We have some of Plan Toys’ other instruments and they are so fun.
- Haba Dolls – These soft dolls by Haba are adorable and there are so many different ones to choose from. There is also a great selection of boy dolls, like this cute one!
- My First Loom – What a fun toy, letting kids create naturally and introducing them to the fun art of looming.
- Beeswax Stick Crayons or Stockmar Opaque Colour Box Set – We are big fans of Stockmar natural art products and their beeswax crayons are amazingly durable and last for ages. We’ve had or Stockmar block crayon set for over 2 years now and the crayons still have years of life left in them! I love their watercolours for creating simple paintings with kids.
- Fairy House Kit in a Box – The Magic Onions has the most magical felted crafts and kits for sale in their shop. I particularly love this one and know it would be a hit with K. The Magic Craft Box for winter would also make a great Christmas present.
- Hape Checkout Register – This is such a fun toy that can also come in handy when learning about money and simple addition and subtraction. I love the included features, like the scanner and money.
- Plan Toys Mini Golf Set – How cute is this little golf set for your budding golfer? K loves playing with his and it’s really held up to all the use it’s gotten!
$50+ Eco-Friendly Toys for Preschoolers
- Hape Kitchen – This is one of the cutest kitchens I’ve ever seen. K received it for Christmas 3 years ago and it’s still one of the most played-with toys in our home. There are so many cute items you can get to go with it too, like the Plan Toys Fruit Set, which we also have and love.
- Plan Toys Series Parking Garage – This parking garage is used SO much in our house. K loves parking his million cars and trucks on it and it’s perfect for imaginative play.
- Hape Quadrilla Vertigo – This is a toy that the whole family could enjoy. Seriously. Once Baby K is no longer in the “swallowing tiny objects” stage, it’s something we would love to add to the toy collection.
- Hape Five Alarm Firehouse – This is such an awesome and fun wooden toy house for your little firefighter. It’s also the perfect accompaniment to the Hape Fire Truck , which we have and love.
- Handmade Play Mat – Little Worlds is such a sweet Etsy shop and I am so in love with this amazing play mat! It’d be the perfect accompaniment for Playmobil, Lego or any other small world toys, and also easy enough to bring travelling!
- Picnic Play Set – This cute little set is perfect for warm weather and I can picture K and his little friends having hours of fun with this.
- Hape All Seasons Dollhouse – Okay, so this is the top of the line when it comes to wooden dollhouses, but seriously, how amazing is it? If you have the budget, the Furnished Dollhouse is epically awesome.
- Grimm’s Four Elements Building Set – This building set has been on my wish list for quite some time. How gorgeous is it? Not only is it a beautiful addition to the play area, but it’s a great open-ended toy for building and imagination. We are big fans of Grimm’s toys.
- Plan City Crane Set – K has had his eye on this fun crane set since he first saw it a few months ago. Think about the hours of fun that little ones would have!
Which gift is your favourite? Do you have any other favourites to add here?
For fun Christmas ideas, activities & gifts, follow HEN Family’s Christmas board.
It’s great that not only are these gift ideas are eco-friendly, they are also fabulous toys!